Rice Bran, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Carbonate, Preserved as (Propionic Acid, Acetic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Silicon Dioxide).
Features & benefits
- The Equis Rice Bran is pelleted for ease of feeding, to minimize waste, and improve the stability of the beneficial fatty acids naturally occurring in rice bran.
- Calcium has been added to Equis Rice Bran to compensate for the “natural high phosphorus in rice bran.” It is very important to balance the calcium and phosphorus ratio in the horse’s total diet.
- Add shine to your horse’s coat with the natural oils available in Equis Rice Bran pellet.
Nutritional informationIngredients*Guaranteed analysis
Crude Protein minimum 12.5% Crude Fat minimum 15.5% Crude Fiber maximum 13% Calcium minimum 1.25% Calcium maximum 1.75% Phosphorus minimum 1.4% Magnesium minimum 1% Ash maximum 11%
Nonstructural carbohydrates (NSC): 24
Digestible energy (DE): 1420 kcal/lb
Activity Ounces of rice bran per 100 lbs of body weight (oz) Ounces of rice bran per 500 lbs of body weight (oz) Weanlings and yearlings 2.5 - 3.5 13 - 16 2-3 yr olds in training 1.25 - 1.75 7 - 8 2-3 yr olds not in training 1 - 1.25 5 - 7 Mature horse at maintenance 0.75 - 1.25 3 - 5 Mature horse in light work 1.25 - 1.75 7 - 8 Mature horse in heavy work 1.75 - 2.25 8 - 11
In most situations where alfalfa or grass hay is the main roughage source, additional grain rations should be reduced by 25-50%. The amount of Equis Rice Brand Pellet depends on the quality of forage available. Feed the lower ranges of recommended levels when feeding alfalfa hay or alfalfa/grass hay. Feed the higher ranges of recommended levels when feeding grass hay.
- Feeding rates depend heavily on the quality of forage, activity level, age, breed, temperament and special needs of each horse.
- Changes in feed type or rate should be made gradually.
- Feeding a minimum of 1% of body weight in roughage is highly recommended.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times.
- Feed horses regularly, preferably two or more times daily.
- Do not feed old, moldy or insect-infested feeds as they may cause illness, abortions or death.
- Store in a dry place.